Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Sick

This is my sweet boy Asa, he is a ball of energy, he is wearing his daddy's huge boots (I'm talking size 14 folks) he seems to love shoes for some reason but I think all kids go through this phase. He is sick right now as am I, we can't seem to shake this mess whatever it is. I took him to the doctors office today and he has an ear infection and a virus. We were up for a long time last night trying to keep him comfortable. This has to be one of the most difficult things about parenting, the nights when they cry and fuss and you can't seem to keep them happy and no one gets the sleep they need. Asa has never really been what you would call a good sleeper, he didn't start sleeping through the night until around nine months and even now he wakes up and cries for a few minutes but usually falls back to sleep on his own. Not so when he is sick, he wails and you know that you won't be getting a lot of sleep. I am sick as well and have had to cancel a lot of fun things this week, like play dates with friends and a sewing class. I know that sounds nerdy but I really would like to learn to sew and make things on my own. Maybe I will be good at it! Another very difficult thing to swallow when you have a toddler is when you are sick and your still expected to get your sick butt out of bed and take care of them. It is so hard for me and yesterday was just a very hard day because I felt like death and wanted nothing more but hot soup and a warm bed, yet my toddler needed taking care of. Don't get me wrong I love being a mom and feel blessed even when there are hard times but we all want to be taken care of when we are sick. It was quite pitiful actually, me going from room to room with Asa laying like a dog on the floor half alive while he played around me and sometimes on top of me. It is these days when you are proud that they have been properly fed, clothed and changed! Ah yes and way too much t.v. occurs on these days too (what did sick moms do before t.v.). Asa is a sport though and seems to be rather good at entertaining himself, which I am proud of. Well life isn't too exciting around here right now, hopefully we will both be better soon and can get back to having fun, cleaning and doing all the wonderful things we do!


No comments: