Friday, July 18, 2008

It's been an interesting week!!

So this week was VBS at our church, (Vacation Bible School). This is big in most Texas churches and I voluntered to work this week. It was really a lot of fun, and gave Amos the opportunity for some free nights to himself. I was a Pre-K Tour Guide, I took a group of 11 4 and 5 year olds around to all the different activities. We had Snack, Craft, Stretch and Grow, Music and Bible Story. It was fun to be with the kids and get to know them a little and do something good for the church and the community. The theme this year was God's Big Back Yard, it was all about serving and helping others. It was good to hear and a reminder of our mission here on Earth. To love and serve God and others.

Well that was the good part of my week, now for the crazy parts. Sadly we had to put our dog Nora to sleep on Tuesday night. She had heart worms, something that can be prevented but not always. We had been giving her the monthly medicine but stopped and she got infected. She had been losing weight and I thought she just had regular worms so I dewormed her and she was doing better. On Tuesday night when I got home she was coughing up blood so I took her to a 24hr vet and they did the heart worm test, it came back strong positive, which means her heart was full of the worms. It would have cost us over $2000 to "try" and save her. We can't afford that and didn't want her to suffer so we had her put to sleep. I stayed with her while they did the procedure, it was very hard. Nora was a very good dog and regretfully we should have been better pet owners and played with her more.

Secondly, on Wednesday I took my son to the library story time. When we got out the pressure in my back left tire was very low, something hard and plastic was sticking out of it!! Luckily I was able to drive home. Once home I needed to make lunch for Asa and put him down for his nap, while doing this I turned on the garbage disposal and it backed up into the sink and shot out of the bottom cabinet!! It was ruined. I had it and Amos had to come home from work and rescue me and fix all the problems. He is my hero and a great husband.

No comments: