Monday, July 21, 2008

Ugh, to say the least!!

So it is 3:30 in the morning here in Grand Prairie Texas and I am awake. Why you ask, Because my dear son is sick and has been crying since 1:00am to no avail. Then my husband (who I have been fighting with all day) comes in to tell me the air conditioner is broken! Yep that's right folks tomorrow it is going to be near a balmy 100 degrees and our air conditioner is not working. It just seems that everything is going wrong for us the last week and now this. Who knows how much it will cost to fix the stupid air conditioner and if the people will even be able to come out before our house is 90 degrees inside. I am sick and tired and so is everyone else in this house. These are the nights when I am content with one child because I don't know how I would handle two screaming at 3:00 in the morning. Again I thought I would be so much better at this parenting gig. I am learning just how little patience I have and how very selfish I am when it comes to things like sleeping. Amos is such a good dad, he is in the living room rocking my baby to sleep. Amos seems to be a perpetually patient guy, which makes me feel like mommy dearest in these situations. My head is killing me and I am just angry at the world right now. I hope and pray that the air conditioner can be fixed in a timely manner and that my son will get some sleep and begin to get over what seems to be a summer cold. Ugh, I just want a do over card for this day.

No comments: