Monday, July 21, 2008

Improvement!!

The person that invented air conditioning is a wonderful human being! I sure have a lot of respect for the people that lived before it! Especially in Texas, I don't know how they did it!! The air conditioner man gave us a window of 10 to 2, of course he came much closer to 2 than 10 but hey he fixed our air conditioner and my son is happily napping! Let me just say I am so glad that we have an "emergency" fund. It started out as $300 and unless there is an emergency, (which there has been a lot of lately) it grows by $65 a week. Now that doesn't seem like a lot but it adds up quickly and gives you a nice cushion in situations like these. God has blessed us with financial stability and minds to spend our money wisely (for the most part). I recommend starting an emergency fund to everyone!

Because I had to wait for the air conditioner man to come I actually got a lot accomplished. Now anyone that knows me (especially my husband) knows that I love everything to be clean and well organized. This means I regularly clean out all drawers, closets and cabinets and try to keep under the bed areas free of a lot of stuff. I love the feeling of purging stuff we don't use and giving it to charity and someone who will!! I was able to clean out all the closets and the desk in the office today!! It is such a good feeling and I have quite a bit of stuff to give to Mission Arlington. The throne in my flesh though is the guest room closet. You see our house would be perfect if it had one more bedroom and a few extra closets. Right now all of our baby stuff is in guest room closet, which will become the baby's room when we decide to have another one. I dread this day because where are all the stupid sized baby toys and jumpers etc. going to go? Ugh I hate it. All in all it has been a pretty good day and tonight we will have fish, potatoes and fresh corn for dinner!!

No comments: