Saturday, July 19, 2008

Saturday Blah

So some days I feel like a really good mom and wife and other days not so much. Today would be one of the not so much days. You see I don't feel good, I believe I am getting a sinus infection as my nose is running like crazy, my eyes are puffy and my head has been killing me, not to mention I just feel blah. Well when I am sick, which has been so often lately, my fuse is very short. Asa is almost 21 months old and he is a very active boy who has my stubborn personality and defiance. His two new favorite activities are climbing on forbidden things and throwing just about anything in site. This evening we were outside having a jolly time in the yard, I was weeding one of the tree rings bent down when my son chucked a fairly large and very hard rock at my head; I blew up and yelled at him like a child throwing a fit in our front yard no less. My sweet and patient husband is now taking him on a walk around the neighborhood in his beloved wagon. I just thought I would be much better at this job, some days I am, most days I don't live up to my expectations. All I can hope for in the end is a boy that will grow into a man who loves and fears God and realizes that even though his mom wasn't perfect she did cherish him and love him unconditionally, and tried hard to be good.

On a more exciting note Asa is really starting to use his words as I like to say. He can now identify our eyes, mouth, nose and teeth!! He says fish like a pro and enjoyed a side trip to Petsmart today just to look at the funny fish. He is growing and becoming a true little boy. He is amazing to me a true blessing from God!!

No comments: